Are you interested in pursuing a medical career in laboratory sciences?
Students who complete the three-semester UVM Post-Baccalaureate Medical Laboratory Science Program will be eligible to take the American Society for Clinical Pathology certification exam. Did you know:
- The American Society for Clinical Pathology certification exam is required for work in many clinical diagnostic laboratories.
- Employment of medical laboratory technologists and technicians is projected to grow 16 percent between now and 2024, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- An increase in the aging population is expected to lead to a greater need to diagnose medical conditions, such as cancer or type 2 diabetes, through laboratory procedures.
Benefits to the UVM Post-Baccalaureate Medical Laboratory Science Program include:
- Competency to perform a full range of testing in contemporary medical labs
- Proficiency to problem-solve, troubleshoot, interpret results, use statistical approaches to evaluate data, and participate in developing and evaluating test systems and interpretive algorithms
- Administrative knowledge of quality assurance, quality improvement, laboratory education, fiscal resource management/operations, information management, and clinical decision making
If you are interested in learning more about laboratory sciences, the UVM Post-Baccalaureate Medical Laboratory Science Program is for you. Just fill out the form on the right and we will send you an email with the information you need.